Thursday, November 24, 2005

One set of animals...than another

At the game reserve in South Africa, we spent hours observing this mother cheetah and her two-month old cubs...a classic find!


So, again....I have to apologize for not having enough time to update our blog. However, this phenomenon is only a good thing since it means that Jenny and I have been kept quite busy. We left Africa for Israel after a few days in a game reserve living amongst the animals...yes, more than just me. Now for those that don't know, Jenny is afraid of animals. With lots of elephants, lions, rhinos and many others running around I was glad it was my arms that she jumped into. She did make friends with a few elephants that couldn't help but get too close (who doesn't want to get close to Jenny). I have to say that traveling to a game reserve could have been one of the coolest experiences of my life and has made our trip so far. Before I continue with Israel, here are some more pics from the reserve. In all honesty, we took some great pictures with our trusty "point and shoot", but this was one time that I wish we hauled a serious camera.









So, we've spent the last few days in Israel with my family where we were welcomed with open arms. It was a nice break from our travels and I was glad to introduce Jenny to my balagan (crazy) family. It was a real nice few days to unwind and spend time with my aunts, uncles, cousins that all treated us like royalty and always go the extra mile to make us feel right at home. If any of you are reading this "Todah Rabah!"


We were able to break away for two days in the Dead Sea for our year anniversary that was essentially a bunch of fat, old Israelis floating in a sea of salt. Many fought over the buffet line much like they would for the morning rush hour into Tel Aviv. We hiked Masada and En Gedi, a desert oasis complete with water falls and lots of obnoxious americans (no, we weren't one of them).


So tomorrow, we are off to India and a wedding of one of Jenny's friends. It should be interesting.

Alan

PS - I've now recaptured the backgammon lead and am up by 2 games...it goes to show that good luck can't last forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds and looks like you are having an amazing time!! Hopefully you told my friends the animals that I say hello! I am happy that you had time to relax with (and meet) Alan's family in Israel and we wish you a safe and awesome journey into India and wherever your travels may take you. . .please keep the pictures coming. The cheetah scene is amazing!!
We want to wish you a belated Thanksgiving as well.

Luv,
Suz and Jay